Why work for the University of Oxford's information Security Group?
The University of Oxford is ranked amongst the best in the world. Come and explore employment options in the Information Security Group and have a direct impact on ground breaking research, with a global impact, and amongst a great team.
Vacancies will be published here when they arise.
About the Information Security Group
The Information Security Group has a responsibility to protect an eclectic mix of departments, divisions and colleges. A huge variety of networks, which serve information and operational technologies, will attract someone who is up for a challenge. On offer is a selection of permanent and / or fixed term contract posts with our Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) team or the security operations team (OxCERT).
The two teams deliver a broad range of functions:
- Security Architectures
- Certifications for research, payment card standards and NHS compliance.
- Project, supply chain and service cyber security assessments.
- Training, comms and human factors
- Incident response supported by network monitoring & intrusion detection.
- Vulnerability scanning, endpoint, email and cloud security.
- Critical system monitoring.
- Security systems management, design and innovation.
Why is this such a challenge?
The University is made up of 45 independent colleges and halls which deliver teaching, learning and research by working with hundreds of departments covering the following broad areas:
- Medical Sciences Division.
- Maths, Physics and Life Sciences.
- Social Sciences
- University, Administration & Services.
- Gardens, Libraries and Museums.
- Continuing Education.
Oxford University ranked number 1 in the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings for the sixth year running, and at the heart of this success is our ground-breaking research and innovation.
Information security was an important supporting effect to COVID-19 research including the Oxford / AstraZeneca vaccine saving lives with 2 billion doses now delivered to over 172 countries. The therapeutics research has equally discovered beneficial and cost effective treatments for COVID-19 saving millions of lives.
If you would like to get in contact with us regarding any of the current vacancies, please contact us on the email addresses below: